HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Activity That Doesn’t Require Membership and Registration. You can view some content on the Website without being a USA Member and registering or providing any personal information. When you visit in this manner, we automatically obtain information from you about the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of computer you are using, the website that referred you to us, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests. We use this information on an aggregate basis to generate statistics and measure site activity to improve the usefulness of the site to our visitors. For example, we use this information to track which pages are most popular among visitors as a whole. We do not track the pages you or any individual visitor may look at during a visit to our site and we do not collect any other information without your knowledge and permission. We do not collect or store personally identifiable information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address or phone number, unless you provide that information. In addition, we use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the Website, if cookies are enabled on your computer. This session cookie terminates once you finish using the Website and close your browser.
Activity Requiring Membership and Registration. Certain activities on the Website — for example, posting comments or photographs — require you to become a member and registered user. To become a member and registered user, we ask you to provide your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, union name, local number, union status and email address. In order to pay for your membership through the Website, you will also be required to enter your credit card information. However, your credit card information is only used to process your payment and is not stored on USA’s servers. If you decide to become a registered user, we use a persistent cookie that stores certain information to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Website. However, none of your personal information is stored in that cookie. You may also be asked to provide certain additional information to participate in other activities that we may undertake through the Website. You may update or correct your personal account information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
Usage Information. We may record information about your usage of the Website, such as when you use the site and the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable
links in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients. We also track website visitor movement using Google Analytics.
Comments Posted to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose on the Website becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your user name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you post comments. When posting comments, you should exercise caution not to provide any personally identifying information or other information that you would not want seen by others. Use of the community functions on the Website is at your own risk.
Polls and Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct polls and surveys. Information collected through our polls, surveys, and questionnaires is used in the aggregate, unless we contact you to request permission to use your individual responses for a particular purpose.
Financial Information and Payments. Payments are processed on third-parties’ secure websites and servers. Neither the third-party payment processors nor USA retains, shares, stores or uses personally identifiable financial information for any secondary purposes.
If you choose to make an online payment, you will have to provide your credit card billing information. As this information is collected and transferred over the Internet to our secure server, it is encrypted using [Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology], the security technology that is designed to protect sensitive information. Our donation pages display the [Verisign Secure Site Seal] to assure you that our Website is authentic and that all transactions are secured by SSL encryption. If you are making a payment, the credit card information that you provide at the time of payment is used only to process your payment and will not be used for any other purposes.
Special notice for parents: We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet. If you have any reservations, questions or concerns about your child’s access to this site or how information that your child provides is used by us, please contact us.
Uses of Personal Information
- The personal information that we collect on the Website helps us to efficiently and effectively advance USA’s goals and activities. In order to advance these goals and activities, we may share the personal information that we collect about you with third parties that perform services on our behalf. Additionally, subject to applicable law, we may share any of the personal information that we collect about you with certain third parties that share our interests.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about our activities and offerings, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. We may also use your email address for administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major Website changes, sending messages related to actions you have taken on the site or for customer service purposes. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, you may opt out of receiving future information via e-mail by using the unsubscribe procedures specified on the e-mail message or by sending an e-mail message with the name of the list you are a member of to USAmembers@unionsportsmen.org.
- When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the Website and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user behavior, preferences, trends, and actions.
- If your personal information changes (such as your ZIP code), or if you wish to have your information removed from our database, please call our toll-free number 1-877-872-2211 or email online support at email@example.com.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. If we receive a subpoena requesting information about you and if you have provided us with your email address, we will attempt to notify you of the subpoena at the email address that you have provided. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Website or using our name, to prevent bodily harm, to enforce our User Agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to our site, our members, and the public. In the unlikely event that we merge with another entity, information on our visitors would be among the transferred assets.
Information Security and Data Integrity
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you send us an e-mail, you should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. So, if your communication includes sensitive information like your bank account, charge card, or social security number, and you prefer not to use one of our secure online complaint forms, contact us by mail or by telephone rather than by e-mail.
If you experience technical problems with the operation of this Website, contact us by clicking here.
Effective Date: May 1, 2010