Purchasing a Firearm Online from Union Sportsmans Alliance
- Choose your firearm - If you select and buy non-firearms items within the same order the non-firearm items will be shipped directly to your home.
- Pick an FFL (We will ship your firearm to this FFL) - Federal Law requires all firearms purchased online be shipped to an FFL. (Federal Firearms License). Using our FFL Finder select a dealer.
- Contact FFL Dealer - Please contact the FFL to set up your transfer, we will need a copy of their current FFL. Be sure to discuss any transfer fees with the FFL you selected to avoid any surprises.
- Complete your online order - Orders will be shipped within 48 hours AFTER we receive and process FFL. (Some exceptions apply) You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order ships.
- Go to your FFL Dealer and pick up your firearm - Arrive with all the documentation and identification needed to prove that you can legally purchase and possess the firearm. If you have questions about the documents needed, please contact the FFL you have chosen to receive the firearm.
Additional Important Information
*This is not a complete list of requirements. This is simply a list containing some of Union Sportsmans policy. You must be sure the purchase/transfer of the firearm is not prohibited by any Federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations for firearm purchases/possession. If you are unsure, you will need to contact your state's Attorney General or ATF before purchasing/transferring the firearm. Please follow this link to the ATF website https://www.atf.gov/
Inspect the firearm to verify the condition and confirm it is the firearm you ordered. If there are any issues DO NOT complete the 4473 or take possession of the firearm! Email our customer service team at email@example.com
The firearm must be for you. Purchasing or picking up a firearm for someone else is considered a straw sale. This is a serious federal crime, which could result in fines, prison time and felony charges
You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase shotguns and rifles.
You must be 21 years of age or older for all other firearms.
*These age requirements are according to Federal law. However, some states have additional age restrictions. You must be of legal age according to federal law and any laws in your state of residence.
Some states may require licensing/training before you may purchase a firearm. Additionally, some may restrict the types of firearms, magazine capacity, etc. You must verify the legality of the transaction before the transfer is set up. Below is a link to the ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances
You must be a resident of the state you wish to have the firearm shipped. *
The name on your ID must be your legal name and must match the name on your order. *
You must complete an ATF form 4473 and undergo a background check before the FFL may transfer the firearm to you. The FFL is required to perform a background check using either NICS (National Instant Criminal Check System) or POC (Point of Contact) depending on your state laws. The 4473 and background check must be completed by you, in person. Please contact your FFL with any questions.
You may NOT purchase a firearm if you are;
- Under indictment for a felony or any crime for which the judge can imprison you for more than a year
- A convicted felon
- A fugitive from justice
- An unlawful drug user
- Mentally defective
- Recipient of a dishonorable discharge from the Military
- The subject of a domestic restraining order
- A convicted domestic abuser
- Not a US citizen or Permanent Resident*
WE CURRENTLY DO NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA, NEW YORK, HAWAII, ALASKA or ILLINOIS
FFL's are required to refuse the transfer of a firearm if, for any reason they feel the transaction may be unlawful, or that any of the information provided is inaccurate or deceitful. USA will not transfer a firearm if we have reason to believe any of these policies have been broken.